Thursday 31 December 2009

New Year Witchery

What a year! Nicholson's Jewellers' website is just a year old and I can now bore for England on google ranking, search engine optimisation, social networking and html colour codes. But, seriously, I've had a wonderful time meeting new people via the website, courses I've attended and new customers visiting the shop in Ilkley after viewing the website.

And, to round off 2009, today I've met a witch - yes, honestly. Well, at least a witch's grand-daughter - though I'm convinced she has witchy potential too. She told me all about her opal ring changing colour depending on her mood. Now, of course, as a jeweller I have heard this before but have never actually seen it or had anyone own up to it. I still haven't seen the colour change as Mrs. Witch was apparently calm and friendly today and the opal remained a lovely bluey/green but she told me, and her husband attests to this, the opal becomes pinkish when she's roused (aroused?) - it didn't seem polite to enquire further. So impressed was I with this tale, and thinking it only fair to give the old OH a bit of notice with my mood swings (30 years married and he still has to ask?), I considered getting an opal ring for myself - something big and flashy with a diamond or two thrown in. Then I remembered Lady Penelope and her article on unlucky opals http://nicholsons-jewellers.blogspot.com/2009/11/opals-are-girls-worst-friend.html Read it and you'll see what the problem is. Of course, don't let that put you off but after such a great year I don't want to risk it. After all, despite what others might say - I'm not a witch. Although, there is something about witches toes - but that's a story for another day.

I'll sign off 2009 wishing all our friends and customers a very Happy and Healthy New Year.

No comments: